[TechAssist] Toshiba 2939DB C2D Chassis (Was I2C Bus)

  • From: paul hartshorne <paul_hartshorne@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 07:57:11 -0700 (PDT)

Toshiba 2939DB C2D Chassis

TV stuck in standby - Primarily because the contoller
IC is telling the SMPS to be in standby mode. But I am
trying to determine why the contoller IC is outputting
this state?

The status is.......

5V supply OK and clean
Reset signal from 5V regulator to controller OK
All Fusable resistors OK
All 20mm Fuses OK
Circuit Protectors OK
All Zeners OK around the IC's OK
Capacitors and HOT not checked yet !
No obvious dry joints, but I have not resoldered the
usual suspects to make sure !

125V is present - but only when the 125V supply fuse
is removed. When this fuse is in situe its about 50V
(If I remember correctly). Also the TV maintains this
faulty state with this fuse in or out.

Power LED is lit form the main 5V supply and therefore
does not blink error codes (unfortunately)

any clues ?

Paul H