[TechAssist] Toshiba 27A41 won't turn on, possible lightning but..............

  • From: Jim Myers <jr.myers@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TechAssist <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 11:35:49 -0500

If I ground Q508 collector the power supply switched sources all turn on
but I get no HV. HOT collector is at 135 volts and the H drive at the
base is only about 0.4VP-P, the positive portion is only 0.2V peak, not
enough to turn on the HOT. The P-P at the base does not increase with
the HOT removed and with other components unsoldered. Voltage to the H
drive circuit is correct and the drive transistor is ok. Sounds like a
bad H drive transformer with about 10 VP-P across the primary and only
0.4VP-P at the secondary. I subbed in a different H drive transformer
and    it made no difference but it was not a Toshiba transformer. Any
tips or ideas? We replaced the micro for the no turn on problem but I
think it is just hung up in an on but off condition since the horiz does
not start up.
Thanks,
Since 1972
Jim Myers