[TechAssist] Re: Tektronix 485 Oscilliscope - Power Supply Cycling ON/OFF

  • From: "Wally Heise" <sirepair@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 22:29:05 -0600

David,

I don't know if the 485 is similar to the 465 scope, but my 465 died last
year.  I traced the problem to the sealed high voltage module which is no
longer available from Tektronix.  My scope would power up when I removed
this module, except no high voltage of course.  I still have service manual
but gave the scope to a friend.  Hope that helps in troubleshooting it.

Wally Heise
South Isle Repair
Isle, Mn.
sirepair@xxxxxxxxxx