[TechAssist] Re: THE CRT IS STILL ALIVE !:

  • From: "Keith from BEM" <keith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 22:14:09 -0600

High end direct view CRT sets still smoke the other formats !  I haven't
seen any LCD panels being used for Ultrasound. I do work for a large
computer retailer here and the lady that does all the advertising layouts
uses two 21" Trinitron Flat CRT monitors. Her boss told her try the flat
LCD, and it was a decent brand (NEC) She stayed with her CRT monitors.
Not to mention contrast ratio and refresh speeds of the CRT. This old
technology improved over the years is still pretty awesome when done right.
I remember when I first saw a 16:9 crt set. It was 34" wide Toshiba about
two years ago. With a DVD player in progressive scan, it was almost as good
as HDTV. But the people love the new "THIN" sexy TV's, even if they don't
have as good a picture, it sure impresses the neighbors. And after all;
isn't that what it's all about ? Impressing the guy next to you ?

KEITH from BEM Electronics
26 Monarch Mews
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Canada  R3R 2J3