[TechAssist] TA Mitsubishi WS55807/Pic expands, shuts down.

  • From: "Intrepid Video Support" <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Techassist" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 22:24:59 -0400

I have a bad feeling about this set. It had been worked on by a previous
servicer for the picture
expanding, filling the screen on all four sides, like the width and vertical
are stretching and goes out
of focus. In the past year, another servicer had this set twice, keeping it
several months each time. It
was returned twice to the customer as "no defect found". Each time, the set
worked for the customer for a
few weeks then did the same time.
After speaking with the customer, he states the last time it did this,
eventually the picture and audio
went out. The set will now come on with the power light, but there is no video,
OSD or sound.
I called the TPA and they advised no parts were claimed on this unit.
Customer says servicer advised him they did some soldering on the board, but
that was it.
I checked Mitsubishi website, but can see nothing pertaining to this problem,
exactly.
First thing I would do is check for fluid leaks and cables into HV block..but I
would expect this to have
been checked by the other service center.
Thanks to anyone that can offer any suggestions.
Jeff
--
Intrepid Video TV/VCR Repair
263 S Front St, Steelton PA 17113