[TechAssist] Re: Symphonic, SSC199V, shuts down

  • From: "J Silverman" <greentron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 20:11:31 -0400

Most of the problems with that model start with the mode switch. That causes
jamups which sometimes burns out the loading motor driver inside IC281.
Customers try to remove the cassette, which mangles all sorts of parts. I
replace the mode switch and manually turn the loading motor to check that
the mechanism is not binding. After the cassette has loaded, the capstan
motor runs the loading arms out. Turn the loading motor a little more and
the capstan is switched to reel drive duty. If the mechanism is OK. I see if
the power will stay on. If it does but the loading motor wont run I change
the IC.
Jerry Silverman
Greentron Inc
4 Newland Ave