[TechAssist] Re: Sylvania/funi tv model#SRT2127S dead

  • From: "J Silverman" <greentron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Oct 2002 14:30:43 -0400

Must be similar to the Funai-made Emerson EWT2721. The zener is an
overvoltage protector on a 28 volt line. How can you tell there is too much
voltage? If there was I would think that zener would short out again.
If the voltages are too high, feedback is from the 12 volts out of D653 with
Q652 as the comparator and D656 as a 6.8 volt reference. If you want to take
a flier you might sub in an optoisolator at IC601.
Jerry Silverman
Greentron Inc
4 Newland Ave
Greenville SC 29609