[TechAssist] Re: Sylvania 31" TV SST4323**Dark picture

  • From: "al m" <ampm@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 09:18:52 -0500

Looks like this is a epidemic. I just had a friend bring one in with white
screen. Turning up the focus made it brighter. Pulled the board and the
focus didn't change the screen voltage. Set is only 10 months old but she
lost her slip. I did the anode short to the focus lead deal and the picture
is OK now but it still has a small leak somewhere because when it goes dark
on channel change you can see the retrace dimly. Tried adjusting it out but
it comes back. She is satisfied for now and if it comes back I will blast it
again but with the set running. Work for me before but I ruined the flyback.
Al Marquardt
ampm@xxxxxxx
Al Marquardt Electronic Repair
206 W Main