[TechAssist] Still no luck with Chipper Check and the ATC311

  • From: walter wood <wwood_38478@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Tech Assist <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 08:13:02 -0700 (PDT)

Most people that replied favorably, were using XP
Professional.
My Toshiba laptop with XP home would just shut down
while trying to run Chipper check.
I had also tried to use my new desk top (running xp
home also), and the tv will not turn on in service
mode connected to it, but the computer doesn't shut
down.
Our computer guy then created a partition, and a
dual boot, on my Toshiba, and loaded a srtipped
version of ME.
That lasts longer than xp home but the laptop still
shuts down
We then loaded Chipper Check onto a Systemax laptop
with XP professional and it got the same results as
the desktop.
That is, get to the point where the tv is supposed
to turn on in service mode, and it won't.
I called thomson tech support and was informed that
the software for the ATC311 hadn't been written
yet.
I ask, why, then does the manual state that Chipper
Check MUST be used to align this chassis.
And why is the ATC311 window in the program.
He said that he would get back to me after
e-mailing the writer of the CC program, but that
hasn't happened.
All sencore will tell me is that CC has not been
proven or disproven to work with xp.
Xp has been out over two years!!!
It's a mess, a three month old HD projo that failed
because thomson still can't buy a decent high
voltage splitter.
If anyone has any comments or suggestions I will
very much appreciate them.
Walter

=====
Walter Wood