[TechAssist] Re: Special Request

  • From: Gary McCartney <gary@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 18:12:33 -0500

Keith, check Ebay. I once bought two cable TV modulators such as those
used in apartment buildings to distribute the cable signal including the
front door lobby video on whatever channels that are desired. The ones I
bought have 3 modulators built into each unit, therefore I can
distribute video on any 3 cable channels I want (my units allow tuning
up to Channel 79 cable). The brand name of my units are Spectradyne.
Channel selection is by digital keypad. The only downfall is that when I
use the unit to generate cable channels for TV tuner testing, I have to
type in the channel on the modulator then enter the same channel on the
TV. There is no "channel up/ down" button. If I want to mix my modulated
signals in with the antenna coax cable in my shop, I can use a cable
splitter in reverse (the input line on the splitter becomes the output
line with the antenna and modulated channels all on one cable).

Gary McCartney

McCartney Electronics
Guelph Ontario Canada
Est. 1984
email: gary (at) number63.ca

Hope this helps.

Keith Trumbla wrote:

> Does anybody out there know where I can get a "Selective" RF modulator ?  I
> need to modulate some some audio and video signals up to TV channels other
> than 3 or 4  . I would like to be able to modulate up into the high band,
> Say ch. 7 or 8 etc.
> Any Ideas ?
> TIA
> Keith Trumbla