[TechAssist] Re: Sony blink code

  • From: "Damon" <DamonEB@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 07:42:41 -0500

I wonder if it consistantly blinks 3 times?
Because if it blinks 5 times, then 3 times, then dead....that could be 8
blinks before the CRT lights up and shuts down due to excessive screen
voltage....had a customer yesterday whose description of DEAD turned out to
be a "Blue screen then shutdown" problem....readjusted the blue screen and
it works...
Generally the SMPS parts you're carrying are for NO BLINKs /Dead.
 I would take a 2sd1881 universal horiz transistor, some "fast" diodes and
0.47 ohm resistors for the + and - 15V vert supplies, and anticipate a
chassis pull possibly, do you have at your shop a Sony 32-36 inch CRT to
connect to??

Damon B
Telrad Electronics
Fort Wayne IN