[TechAssist] Sony VX250 Rx/Amp;FIX

  • From: "Don Hartigan" <hartstv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 15:23:11 -0300

This unit came in with no receive.Customer said he could not program any AM or
FM stations;Also none of his i/p's would work.I checked the unit out & it was
doing as he said.After checking the P/S & output IC,I did not find any
problems.I then noticed on the rear panel a small plug-in module that housed 2
AA batteries.I assumed these were used only for storing stations in memory;both
batteries were"flatter than piss on a platter".I replaced them &
BINGO,everything started working properly.It would now scan up/down,good
receive & all the i/p's magically worked.I not sure if just replacing these
batteries solved all my problems or I just lucked in.I did retighten all
grounds & did some touch-up soldering but can't beleive these 2 AA cells were
causing all these problems.Any Sony experts here to verify I have ''fixed''
this unit? or has anyone run into this type of problem on this or similiar Sony
units?
Don of HARTS-TVCR"ASC"
9 Robert St.,Oromocto,NB,Canada,E2V3N2
Tel#506-357-9785,Fax#506-357-6010