[TechAssist] Sony TV KV24FV10, no start- just chirping

  • From: Gary McCartney <gary@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 15:25:35 -0400

I have a Sony 24" KV24FV10 flat CRT set in the shop. The set doesn't
start up. It just chirps continuously. On the odd occasion, the sound
will come on for maybe 3 seconds then the power simply turns off. The
waveforms on the HOT base and collctor are also pulsing but don't look
proper. I get 39V dc on the HOT collector as it pulses.

I have removed the flyback and tested it with my HR Diemen flyback
tester and I get a perfect looking collector waveform with it. Tester
shows flyback to be working fine (those not familiar, this tester
actually connects the anode lead and drives the flyback just like the TV
hor. output stage, although at a reduced test rate. I haven't had this
tester fail me yet). I have also soldered the hor. driver transformer
and other connections on main board and power supply board. Have checked
for bad transistors diodes and resistors as well. I downloaded the
manual and am looking it over now.

Are there any common faults for these symptoms? I've read that the
flyback is a possibility but with my test, I'm not sure what to make of
that.

Thanks for any help.
--

Gary McCartney