[TechAssist] Re: Sony PCV-LX920 - LCD Monitor has lines

  • From: "Dan Garris" <dgarris@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 18:13:39 -0500

I got this reply back from the Agoraquest.com forum today;

Applicable Models;
PCV - LX900, LX910, LX920(UC), LX100, LX120(I)
Symptom and Cause;
During the use of LCD monitor, faults such as "vertical lines", "horizontal
lines",
"stripes", or "blank screen" may occur.

2. In case of the target lots, replace the LCD panel with the following
part.
If it is out of the target lots, the LCD panel need not to be replaced.
1) MODEL: PCV-100(I), LX900, LX910, LX920(UC)
LCD (15XGA/HITACHI) ASSY (S) P/No.: A-8048-437-A
2) MODEL: PCV- LX120(I), LX920(UC)
LCD (HI/15/XGA) ASSY (S) P/No.: A-8058-403-A
*For the tablet models (PCV-LX900, LX910, LX920), Be careful that
the dust doesn?t enter between LCD and protection glass
during the replacement.

Note: This treatment should be done free of charge even when the warranty
period has been expired.

This is taken from the "official" bulletin from Sony of Canada. Sony US
should honor the same policy. If you take your monitor to a local Sony
Service centre, they should honor the above bulletin. You will, however,
require proof of purchase from an Authorized sony dealer. The date of
purchase will be irrelevant, but Sony needs to know that it is a
legitimately purchased unit.

Dan GArris
Garris Radio & TV
New bern, NC