[TechAssist] Re: Sony KV-32xbr400 chassis DX1A No Pic, sound ok

  • From: GERALD GANN <alpha21century1234@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 09:39:28 -0800 (PST)

  32XBR400 Schematic. Jason this is the first time I tried to use
(yousendit.com) Had to try three times but I finally went through. Not sure how
it works, I guess it sends you an email telling you it?s there. Let me know if
you get it. File is over 20meg.
  Jerry
  Alpha 21 Electronics
  Granite City, IL 62040
  618-452-8620
  alpha21century1234@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Moutons Electronics L.L.C." <moutons@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:  This TV came in
with the complaint it was out. I played it for a week and it played just fine
until today. It came on the light flashed several times like it always does
during the warm-up of the picture tube then stayed on at which time it would
usually pop on the picture, ofcourse this time it didn't. I thought it was out
for a moment till I turned up the volume and it had sound. I look in the back
and it had filament. So I don't know if the customer missed that or not so I am
going with what I found. Every time I turn it on now I get no pic.
I had a good picture, although not a new picture for this 5 yrs old set, it was
good. Could this Sony be blanking the video like when the tube ages. I don't
get the usual flashes of video like older ones. This is a Hi-Resolution model,
never worked on one of these, no diagram. Is there a known way to defeat the IK
circuit on these to see if I can get a picture? Does anyone know of a good way
to troubleshoot this model for this problem?

On older models you are able to turn up the screen to get the picture to
override the IK circuit for a while but on this set I have varied the screen
all the way up and down and all points in between and have no luck on getting a
picture.

Jason
Moutons Electronics

Lost Password: http://www.tech-assist.org and select "Login Problems?".