[TechAssist] Sony KV32s15 immediate shutdown and no Remote

  • From: peggs <peggs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 16:35:10 -0800

Remote inop.
Immediate Shutdown at Power On(Power Switch).
Relay clicks on and right back off instantly.Power Light blinks once(quickly).
Power Supply and HOTransistor are fine.
In fact when I jump the PS Relay(to keep set on),all voltages are fine(best
I can tell...)
High Voltage is OK,but Remote is STILL inop and
there is No Vertical Deflection,yet B+ and B- on Vertical Output are
there(haven't Scoped for V Drive yet).
Flat Horizontal Line is slightly above Screen Center.Vertical output is a
TDA8172(which I don't have in Stock).
Also,with the relay jumped, Pressing the Power Switch still results in the
Relay on-off quickly.
I've replaced the Protect Module(PM501), and removed the Audio and Vertical
Outputs to see if they were causing the Shutdown.

I'm puzzled by the lack of Remote AND Vertical Deflection.Customer said
Remote worked fine before set Died.
I've been huntin'-and-peckin' on the M board,which has a CXA1465as(Jungle
IC),and the Micro(I think).

Anyone have any tips on troubleshooting this symptom/ M module ???

Peggs
Peggs' Electronics
1519 West 2nd Street
Owensboro,KY 42301
270-926-4968
fax 270-686-7399
peggs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

--
This message has been scanned by the OMU Online postini filter.