[TechAssist] Sony KV27TS11 sound IF problems

  • From: "Peter oliver" <oliver_peter1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 00:41:53 +0000

Sony
KV27TS11  (this is a 1988 model, sony's low end stereo but no AV)

            Set has audio reception problems. On antena it is fairly ok
exept in cases where signal canacelation/ghosting is just right audio get
mute and tinny. At the customers house running on cable (either system is
comcast and is either standard cable or IRC I not sure which) Audio is
almost not existant and is mostly just hiss (Pink noise)  on channels higher
than 6 ( VHF-H and cable). On antena CH 6 audio is picking up an ajoining
radio station (88.7 FM) Although replacing the AC Bypass cap on the input
with a .33 (up from .22) signifcantly reduces this.  I wa looking for the
sound IF but can't find any sound labeled coil...

Peter Oliver
Tucson Radio TV