[TechAssist] Sony KV-27FS13 Washed out video, and loss of brightness range.

  • From: "LeRoy Westlund" <llw@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TechAssist" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 13:32:37 -0600

Hi, Gang,
I picked this set up this morning. When I checked it in the home, it had a
washed out video smear, and low brightness. It kinda resembled a H-K short
in the CRT.
When I hooked it up to troubleshoot it on the bench, I couldn't get it to
act up. Tapping on the CRT, and the chassis, won't even show a flicker of a
problem. I checked the e-caps on the CRT board, and they are OK.
Doe's anybody have anything archived, or any suggestions for this problem ?
I see that this set seems to have a history of having bad CRTs.
I hate to take it back, and not be able to guarantee it, but that's what I
am thinking about doing.

TIA,
LLW

LeRoy Westlund
Westlund TV & Electronics
97 North Main                                "Where there's a will,...
Centerfield, UT 84622-0087           There's always a way."
Ph./Fax  435-528-3822
mailto:LLW@xxxxxxxxxx