[TechAssist] Sony KV25XBR, shuts down at high brightness

  • From: Al Gutz <alg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tech assist <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 23:03:26 -0400

Chassis SCC 607B-A

I know this is an oldie but it only needed a HV transf which I had in
stock an would like to get rid of. Maybe someone remembers back when.

HV transf arced thorugh and shorted. Replaced transformer set works very
nice picture.

Problem at high brightness it will shut down, turn down screen or bright
control it will run all day.

All parts run nice and cool.  Pic tube looks good.

When it shuts down the horz shuts off because it goes to a line in the
center as it shuts off rather than just going black in a normal shutoff.

HV is steady at 28KV.

At higher brightness it will draw a bit more current, is there an
adjustment or something to sense current in HV section?

Thanks for any info or clues.

Al G
Al's TV-Electronics
Pembroke Ont.