[TechAssist] Re: Sony KP-53V80, pinkish picture

  • From: <damon101@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 20:56:15 -0500

Your IK is OK, don't worry about it....Your white balance is mis adjusted if
the Crt comes on that fast.

Display 5 Vol + Power with the set off and it'll go into the service
menu.....look for the R/G/B,  Cutoff, Bkgd, and Drive values.  For the
greenish gray, adjust the R/B Cutoff up, for the Pinkish White adjust the
Red Drive down a little or the G/B drive up....I don't think this PTV uses
various pages for the different ICs that are controlled, I think it has
about 50 various adjustments all on one page. Generally if you start seeing
SBRT and SCON settings you should find the GCUT and the RDRV and BDRV
setting pretty close on the list... 1 and 3 will change the parameter and 3
and 6 will adjust the parameter.....Mute /Enter will write the changes to
the eeprom.

Damon Brunger
Telrad Electronics
Fort Wayne IN