[TechAssist] Sony KP-53S70 Green convergence out

  • From: "Valley TV" <valleytv@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 14:15:50 -0500

Hi guys!!
This devil really threw me today! Green convergence way off and
it seemed -Finally- SIMPLE!!  I changed the GV STK392-150, checked
all the fuses and fired it up.. NO CHANGE???? Hit the flash focus
but no change. I accessed the service menu and tried adjusting the green.
Fine w/ horizonal but vertical adjustments would only move "some" of the
lines down AND up but never UP near to the convergence point.
I checked all the resistors but forgot my cap checker in the office and
could not check the caps in the circuit.  I changed the other STK even
though I "knew" it would not help.
Hope someone has some suggestions on this one before more grey hairs appear!

TIA..

Gary
Valley TV
Drums, PA office