[TechAssist] Sony KP46S55 AP chassis Q801 shorted, nothing else???

  • From: "Larry E" <videotech@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 13:07:13 -0500

Hi Guys, this  Sony has a shorted Q801 (2SC2555), I only have a partial
schematic but I can`t find anything else shorted other than this
transistor, Q811 is good, D802 is good, no shorts on 115v line, this
is the chassis that has the "N" board on top of the "D" board so it`s
impossible to run the set once the N board is removed unless you of
course have the "cable extenders" that Sony will sell to you for a small
fortune. I can`t seem to get the members area to accept my username
and password so I can`t check those files, seems strange just this
transistor would short, anybody run into this before? tia, Larry E
Larry Eastman
American TV & Electronics
Crystal River, Fl. 34428