[TechAssist] Re: Sony KP-41S3U - Shut down after two hours

  • From: "Damon" <damoneb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 08:18:19 -0500

Hmmmm,  "After two hours or so, the picture collapses into a small white
square and leave the set tripping."
I wonder if that's "Wee-lang" for "blows the fuse", or "Ka-thunk Ka-thunk
Ka-thunk.......our version of starting/stopping of the SMPS".

I'll lean towards Ka-thunk-ing
If so, you'll need to monitor the Horiz B+ (129V?) supply and the 9 Volt
supply regulator and see if they are stable.
I believe the problem could be the Vertical Sawtooth from the video IC
dropping out...but that doesn't create a "square"
it normally creates a "flat line". Loss of 129V would cause the "square"
most likely.

That supply does the Horiz output, the HV output and the HV regulator.
Of course we don't have schematics from UK, so this info comes from US-based
circuitry.

Damon B
Telrad Electronics
Fort Wayne IN