[TechAssist] Sony IK Bypass

  • From: "Shoreline Electronics" <jstielau@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Tech Assist Group" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 22:28:50 -0500

Has anyone besides the author of this article
http://www.iwaynet.net/~nesda/SonyIKExp&Bypass.pdf  has luck doing this mod?

The set we a re attempting is a KV35V35 using a CXA2025AS Jungle IC

Pin 25 is IK in

Pins 20 , 22 & 24 are the RGB drive lines

We cut the trace to isolate pin 25 , then used three 1N4148 , all cathodes
connected to pin 25 and one anode to each RGB pin

The CRT is dead in the green department....a rejuv lasted a couple weeks.

If we can stop the blinking , the customer will be happy.

==========================
Jeff Stielau
Shoreline Electronics Repair
344 East Main Street
Clinton,CT 06413
860-399-1861
860-664-3535 (fax)
jstielau@xxxxxxxx
"If you push something hard enough it will fall over."
Fudd's First Law of Opposition - Sir Sidney Fudd