[TechAssist] Sony HCD-RX33 Mini System - Laser Replacement

  • From: "David Lessard" <mr_fixit@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 17:06:20 -0500

I need a source for this laser, in Canada if possible, but if the price
is right I'll buy it from anywhere. Best price I found so far was from
Global Electronic Supplies in Mississauga, Ontario for $49.90 plus S/H.
Tried cleaning this dusty laser, lubed guide rail, tweaked the only
potentiometer on the laser assembly yet this unit still skips, and is
worse when just walking on the floor, well it was better then before
which was dead but I think this one needs a new laser.

Thanks in advance,

David Lessard

Alexandria Electronics
50 Harrison Street