[TechAssist] Re: Sony 35" TV KV-35XBR48 - Shutting Down For 6 Months...Now Dead

  • From: "Damon" <damon101@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 00:17:57 -0500

The original heater connections are grounded, pulling the shorted blue
cathode to 0 Volts, when it's normally 120 - 150Vdc....cutting the heater
connections and using a piece of wire wrapped 3 times around the IHVT core
just creates a new heater winding that is ISOLATED and NOT Grounded.....get
the picture??

Damon Brunger
Telrad Electronics
Ft. Wayne, IN