[TechAssist] Sharp 27L-S180B green screen w/ retrace - IC201 info needed.

  • From: "Don Cohen" <bond007d@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 16:43:25 -0500

I have this set that customer brought in with a bright green screen
w/retrace. The mainboard had some sort of corrosion all over it. It ate
through the legs of several parts near IC201. I cleaned up the board and
replaced the parts. Symptoms still the same. One of the output transistors
(Q856) and R896 on the CRT board get pretty hot right away when set is
turned on. Checked CRT - it's ok. Checked CRT board transistors - appear to
be ok. Parts still get hot even if I unplug the board from neck of CRT. If I
unplug P851 on the CRT board, which plugs in right near IC201 (Video
processor?), the parts no longer heat up. It does look like the corrosion
ate through at least one of the legs on the IC. It may have been damaged
internally as well. I assume that this IC is the cause of my problems. Oh, I
did forget to mention that there is no audio or onscreen functions either.
If IC201 is bad, could it cause these symptoms as well? Does it also handle
audio?

IC 201 is a RH-IX3253CEZZ. Tritronics has a sub at TA1268AN. My question is:
Is there something significant about the AN? Is a TA1268 or 1268N the same
thing?

Thanks to anyone that can shed some light.

Best Regards,
Don Cohen
DC Electronics
Shinglehouse, PA 16748