[TechAssist] Sharp 13GM100, Poor pix

  • From: gulftech@xxxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 10:55:13 -0500

Friends,

This set is from my bedroom.  Have put up with the lousy pix for at least
six months.  Thought it was a cable problem, so ran all new wiring in the
house.  Some channels worse than others, but on most channels, the pix
was distorted.  The best way I can describe it is if there were a
vertical bar on the screen, both sides of the bar would be jagged, like
sideways v's.  There may be a technical term to describe it, but I know
of none.

With a shop full of TV's, I finally decided to bring it in.  In the shop,
the set looked much better--almost perfect.  I had to look hard to see
the distortion.  Took another set home last night, expecting to see the
distortion on it.  I did not.  It was fine.  Now, I feel real stupid for
putting up with the problems for eight months when I have at least a
dozen small sets in the shop I could have taken home.

Not worth much money, but I would like to know the cause of the
distortion.

If someone has seen such a problem, would appreciate learning the cause.

TIA,

Ken Smith
Gulf Technical Services
3034 Gulf Breeze Parkway