[TechAssist] Re: Sears TV LX1 . 564-42355950 No Vert Sweep

  • From: "Peter oliver" <oliver_peter1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2002 19:17:32 +0000

I don't have the model info for that set. Most in the past have been Sanyo
sets. If that is the case the IC would most likely be a LA7838. Failure of
the IC can be caused by the caps in the Vert circut. On sanyo's It is
important to also check the resistors and diodes that feed the IC off the
FBT that power the IC, as they open or Short. It is possible to have yoke
problems but somewhat improbable.

Peter Oliver
Tucson Radio TV

From: GOMDWIL@xxxxxxx
To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [TechAssist] Sears TV LX1 . 564-42355950 No Vert Sweep
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 13:51:16 EST

Hello All, I have this Sears TV that has no vert.deflection. It has a 13 pin
IC451 that has a LA78??. The other two numbers are blown off. Can anyone
tell
me the other two numbers and the possible cause for this,caps.etc? Any help
will be appreciated, Grady

Grady O. Wilson
Wilson's TV Service
Texarkana, Texas