[TechAssist] Re: Sanyo DS35520 Dead Set, Q605 Shorted

  • From: "repair11" <repair11@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 12:47:52 -0600

Gary, check R612 out of ckt, hth.

Charles Betzler
Best Electronics
repair11@xxxxxxx

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gary Pahls" <bec@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, November 07, 2005 12:39 PM
Subject: [TechAssist] Sanyo DS35520 Dead Set, Q605 Shorted

> This set came in Dead, Q605 Shorted.  After replacing Q605 the set is
still dead but there is a chatter coming from the power supply.  Scoping the
oscillator circuit and bring the power supply up slowly It appears that the
power supply runs OK to about 40 VAC.  Increasing the voltage beyond this
point causes the oscillator to break up into high frequency bursts causing
the chatter we here.  Has anyone had experience like this?  We have
subsituted virtually every part in the power supply with no results.  There
are no secondary shorts loading it down.  WE'RE STUMPED.