[TechAssist] Re: Samsung TXE 2546 Chassis KCT52A Dead

  • From: "Hoyt's TV" <hoytstv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 10:37:50 -0500

I have had 2 CRTs in the past 6 months that were somehow loading down the HV
enough to keep the set from working.
One was a 24" flat screen Sony and I don't remember what the other was for
sure. JVC or Panasonic maybe.
I had over $300 in the Sony, replacing parts the Sony tech at Fultons told
me to. He said the flyback was bad even though it tested OK. Finally the
owner didn't want me to put any more time into it. A couple months later the
other one came in and after doing some fruitless testing which included
trying the Sony flyback in it because it appeared to be identical, I hooked
it up to my test jig and it ran fine. Back to it's own CRT and it didn't.
But when I disconnected the HV lead, it would produce enough HV and keep
running.

Russ Hoyt
Hoyt's TV
Exeter, NH