[TechAssist] Samsung TV, model # TXP2675WHX/XAA, CRT and/or AKB biasing problem

  • From: "Gemini Computer & TV" <geminitv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Techassist" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 09:23:22 -0500

I currently have a Samsung TV, model # TXP2675WHX/XAA, for warranty repair
that is exhibiting symptoms like a defective CRT and/or AKB biasing problem.
This one is tough to accurately explain but it does occur on all inputs with
all sources. The symptom is that the picture wil vary in brightness and hue
with scene changes. If the scene is relatively constant, then the symptom
may not appear aand the picture is good. As the scene varies, it looks like
the set has an AKB isuue where it seems to be "chasing itself" trying to
compensate. The set is at the customer's home and I am not sure if this is a
bad CRT or a video/AKB problem. This is a new model and the first time I
have seen a symptom quite like this on any set. Has anyone experienced this
yet?

Bob Waterman, CET® #RI-28
Master Technician License #9109
Service Manager / Parts Manager