[TechAssist] Re: Samsung TV - TXE2749 - KCT52A - Doesn't Turrn ON - Followup

  • From: "David" <mr_fixit@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 18:43:09 -0500

This may be my last post on this chassis. This is very frustrating. I've
spent too much time on this problem but I'm curios to know what the
problem is.

Eric, I replaced C816 and still no go. I've checked just about every
transistor, diode, capacitor and resistor in the SMPS circuit. I'm
stumped! Something is causing the +B 130V not to come up to its
operating voltage.

These are the voltages I measured:

Q801 8.0V regulator:
Q801-(B)-6V
Q801-(C)-10V
Q801-(E)-5.4V

Q802 14.5V regulator:
Q802-(B)-14V
Q802-(C)-14.5V
Q802-(E)-14.6V

+B - 40V

IC851 opto-coupler:
1-13.2V
2-12.2V
3-6.1V
4-2.4V - this should be .1V

IC852 sense IC:
1-40V
2-12V
3-0V

As I stated in one of my previous post, +B 130V and Q802 voltage return
to normal when the SMPS control module (HC802) is removed. TV still
doesn't turn on though.

Perhaps someone looking at these voltages could make better sense of
what is going on with this dog. The voltages around both Q801 & Q802

Thanks again,

David Lessard
Alexandria, Ontario, Canada
mr_fixit@xxxxxxxxxxx