[TechAssist] Re: Sampo 14" Monitor

  • From: "Vilhelm Boor" <villyboor@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 10:00:32 0000

Villy Boor
Boorelec Durban
 Yup sounds like the tube to me, thought about whacking a 15meg or so from the
G2 to ground?.
    Villy.
--

On Wed, 14 Aug 2002 22:18:35
 STEFANUS LOTTER wrote:

>Type:       Monitor
>Brand:     Sampo
>Model:    KM-411
>Chassis:  C-411
>
>Hi,
>This monitor has no videowhen cold but when warm it takes about 20 sec to
>display and then functions ok! the following have been observed:
>D720 from FBT between the diode and R787 = -214V
>G1 = -45.7V
>ABL = 20V - no display
>ABL = 4.25V with display
>IC 701, Pin 8 Start with +- 3V (With no display) slowly dropping to -1.1V
>where display comes up and monitor functions ok ( The time it takes depends
>on how warm the set is - cannot isolate the component ) when the set is warm
>it takes about 20 seconds for the display to appear.
>When DMM is connected to read voltage at G1 or any point between Q711 and
>P701(G1) the display comes up ( Cannot measure voltage on G1 when the
>display is off as display comes up the moment the probe is connected)
>Have checked all caps in the ckt and replaced most, all resistors measure
>ok, replaced IC701.
>
>Any suggestions would be appreciated
>
>Fanus
>CSS
>computerss@xxxxxxxxxx

>To REMOVE your email address, click here:
>  http://www.tech-assist.org/unsubb.html
>To CHANGE your email address, click here:
>  http://www.tech-assist.org/change.html
>***NEW*** Tips Added Instantly!!!***
>Submit Repair Tips here:
>http://www.tech-assist.org/secure/tip/

Outgrown your current e-mail service? Get a 25MB Inbox, POP3 Access,
No Ads and No Taglines with LYCOS MAIL PLUS.
http://login.mail.lycos.com/brandPage.shtml?pageId=plus
  http://www.tech-assist.org/change.html