[TechAssist] Re: SYLVANIA MODEL NO. SRT2227X

  • From: "Christopher Barnak" <cbarnak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2004 13:15:54 -0400

Sunny,

I think you have that wrong. Funai DID make the set for Sears, but
Funai don't want to sell you parts for it. I think it's a deal between
Funia and Sears.
I had a 2002 Sylvania come in, called Funai, they said," call Sears", I
said, "send me your service manual for a 2002 13" combo". It matched
perfectly.
BTW, sears wanted $80.00 for the same part Funai sold for $20. This
combo is a real piece of crap, as the PCB tends to crack because of the
way
the VCR mech. is mounted to the PCB.  Our school system bought several.
(Idiots).

Christopher Barnak, CET
Norfolk Public Schools
School Plant Facilities
966 Bellmore Ave.
Norfolk, Va. 23504

Phone 757 628 3385
Fax      757 628 3392
cbarnak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

>>> RSELECT@xxxxxxxxxxxx 8/6/2004 12:37:57 PM >>>
Hello
This sylvania TV is made by funai but manufactured by Sears . We did
call funai technician and he told us this is sears made. It will play
for 3 minutes than the sound goes completely out but there is picture.
Anybody knows about this problem pls do let us know really need help
with this set. Since sears dont give out any help.

Thanks
Sunny
R&S Electronics,PA
TEL")717)532-6312