[TechAssist] Re: Reverse parts cross referencing

  • From: "John at Main TV" <maintv2004@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 11:53:00 -0700

In this case regarding Sony KV13VM30, the only similar models are KV13VM30
/31 and KV20VM30 /31.  The important thing to know is that Gold Star made
this with a D17 mechanism so any VCR or GS combi with a D17 mech may have
the same drum.  However, the Sony manual has 2 different bulletins stating
there is a "old" and a "new" version of cylinder and that the upper and
lower cylinder must be replaced together.  I didn't list all the Sony
numbers because I assume you will not order it from Sony.  I can send you
the manual if you want it, it is 17 meg.   John.
John Mielke
Main TV
636 main St.
Longmont, Co