[TechAssist] RCA TV/VCR T13062( shutdown problem)

  • From: "John H Smit" <jsm@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 11:53:26 -0600

To all members
This TV/VCR when turned on cycles three times,trying to start,and shut down.
I get good rings from the flyback,horizontal and Vertical yokes.
I changed the HO transistor.
The collector of the HO transistor has 105 volts.

When I supply a horizontal drive signal way back to the horizontal input at
the ribbon coming from the
mainboard,the highvoltage and the VCR,are coming back to live.
I slipped a tape in the vcr,and it plays,and I have sound,but a two inch
picture rolling through the screen.
It shows a two inch picture,no horizontal deflection and that picture is
rolling vertical over the screen.
I looked at the hoz.drive pulse at the collector of HO transistor,and it
shows  a pulse with five or six peaks.
The frequency of the drive signal is right on,15734.2 cycles,when applying
that drive signal.
Anyone who has any idea,what to look for,I am desperate,to solve that
problem.
So I would appreciate any feedback on this
Thank you in advance for any support
John H Smit
Smit's TV Service
Box10