[TechAssist] Re: RCA Proscan Model PS35182 / CTC170MA. Dead, pulses a couple times. HV shutdown.

  • From: "Shoreline Electronics" <jstielau@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 21:54:09 -0500

Check the tip on isolating the HV block :

Tritronics shows it as available :

      Item no: 213986 (RCA) List Price:   $79.95 EA
      SHORELINE ELECT 901 Price: $ 45.89 EA
      HV SPLITTER ~1
      **** INVENTORY NOT AVAILABLE
      CAN BE ORDERED

Text pasted from WinSTIPS 2.0
http://www.ServiceSoftware.com

RCA   CTC170

Dead. pulsing

tvkirk@xxxxxxx

C4116 1000/35 off Cr4151 (16v supply). this raised standby voltage to 14v
(from 9.5)

RCA   CTC170

Dead. Power Switch inop.  High Voltage At 10 Kv At Plug In. Ticking Noise
From Defl Cba.

Bryn Mawr Tv

Check 16 Volt Line Low Only 8.5 Volt
Replace C4116  P/N 190721 (1000uf/35v)  Part Checks Good On Esr Tester

RCA   CTC170

Dead. Cr4405 Shorted. Still Shutdown At Turnon, 7v Supply Low & Noisy

C4117

RCA   CTC170

Dead, May Chirp Once On Pwr Up, Or May Chirp Repeatedly

Marshfield Tv - This Tip For The Improved Definition Projo Chassis

Unhook Hv Wire Out Of Flyback Going To The Hv Splitter Block, If It Runs,
Suspect Bad Hv Block, Rca Part # 213986.

==========================
Jeff Stielau
Shoreline Electronics Repair
344 East Main Street
Clinton,CT 06413
860-399-1861
860-664-3535 (fax)
jstielau@xxxxxxxx
"If you push something hard enough it will fall over."
Fudd's First Law of Opposition - Sir Sidney Fudd