[TechAssist] RCA PTK169BTB

  • From: "tvdoc" <tvdoctors@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 11:12:36 -0800 (Pacific Standard Time)

Unit would snap 1 time in home whenever power button pressed. Brought lightbox
to shop and overhauled leaking green CRT and replacing anode connector. Wasn't
a whole lot of leakage. Everything looked fine. Took back to customers house
and everything looked fine, except no audio. Brought back to shop, hooked up my
speakers and still no audio. With volume up all the way, there is a pop from
the speakers when unplugged.  IC's U901V and U902V has numbers 838-1 but can't
cross with NTC for pin outs. Voltages are 1) -.14 volts, 2)  0 volts, 3) +17.3
volts, 4) +6.1 volts,  5) +.63 volts, 6) -15.9volts, 7)  -.2 volts, 8) -.219
volts,  9) -17.6 volts. Voltages are present on both IC's. Anyone have a
similar condition as this and can steer me in the right direction on this would
be greatly appreciated, no print on this one,   Neil TV Doctors   Monroe, Wa.