[TechAssist] Re: RCA, G36705, CTC197, No Sound ---FIX

  • From: daryls_tv@xxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 10:57:55 -0600

Thanks to all of you guys that gave me advice and tips.  I guess I got a little
intimidated with this one when I couldn't change the speaker settings and it
had an error code so I thought it might be the eeprom.
Did the old fashioned trouble shooting and found the problem.  I figured I
would start at the audio output and work backwards using my signal tracer.  The
first check at the speaker terminals gave me plenty of sound.  Ohmed the
speakers and found both of them to be open.  I previously tried an external
speaker in the home that I took off of the customer's stereo.  I guess they are
in for a surprise that the stereo is out as well.  And yes, they have
teenagers.  I figured they cranked up these units and the rest is history.
Naturally, the parents are unaware of what took place... but I'm sure they are
going to find out.
Again, thanks for your input.
Daryl
Daryl's TV