[TechAssist] Re: RCA FPR722TR CTC130 "Functions Lock Up"

  • From: "Gemini Computer & TV" <geminitv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 09:13:26 -0500

Runs for a while, then locks up.  No functions work. (*All functions inop*)
*Autoprogram slow*, one channel per second.
This set uses the MTT004.  Found C677 (5V run filter) and C654 (11V Stby
filter) leaky. Excessive ripple was locking up the microprocesser.  Other
MTT modulles have similar capacitors but the nomenclatures are different.

Text pasted from WinSTIPS 2.0
http://www.ServiceSoftware.com

RCA   CTC130

Functions Freeze up when warm won't power off manual or remote

Chassis Ctc130b, Model Fmr720wr (on models with autoprogram board)

Remove P1kb from autoprogram switch bank and remote will function: Switches
(10) tactile. Iwe p/n ST-2  $0.46 each replace all 10. board complete is nla

Bob Waterman, CET® #RI-28
Master Technician License #9109
Service Manager / Parts Manager
Gemini Computer, TV, & Security Alarms