[TechAssist] Re: RCA D52130YX1.. CTC211A Convergence board

  • From: Excel1819@xxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 09:27:10 EDT

Hi Gary!  Hope the day gets better and if it doesn't you get 4 more tries at
it.  The digital convergence circuit is # 256896.  I called Thomson and they
have 24 available for your cost $83.40 / $113.40 retail.  I could emergency
order one in if you need it by this weekend for sure.  Let me know.

Thanks,
Jason Martin
Excel Distributing Inc.                      " The Best RCA / GE Parts
1819 Mentor Ave.                                  Distributor In The World "
Cincinnati, Ohio 45212
800-733-3329 ph
800-735-8007 fax
Excel1819@xxxxxx - temporary
<A HREF="http://www.exceldistributinginc.com";>www.ExcelDistributingInc.com</A>

GREAT way to start a Monday!  I'm 80 miles from ANYWHERE and no one in our
office to call and my first call is a disaster..  New RCA D52130YX1 with no
convergence.  BIG surprise when I opened the unit up..Water "somehow" sprayed
in the holes in back landed on the power supply section of the convergence
module..Arcing caused 2 inch HOLE to appear in board!  In this new model
power supply is part of the convergence module so I need the whole board..
Thought it would be easy to find part number until I started Partsfinder
program on my laptop.. I forgot to upgrade the laptop lately and this model
is not even listed in my version.  Tried calling tech line....Beep, beep..
Could someone check Partsfinder and post the part number for the convergence
board so I could order it today and "maybe" receive it before the holiday.
At least I can check email on the road without upgrading!!!!

Thanks..

Gary

Valley TV
Berwick, Pa office