[TechAssist] Re: RCA CTC195 model P56930BL 52" or 56". Does it have a removable light box?

  • From: "Electric Medic" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 01:26:54 -0500

Kevin:

Yes the PTK195 does have the removable light box, but on that problem with
that chassis, I would do the tuner wrap. You will have to Remove the bottom
tuner shield, and the shield
below that one and solder all grounds. There is a procedure for doing it
right. If you do not have the service bulletin, maybe someone could email it
to you. We have done so many, we do it by memory. Also, you should solder
the ground lugs below the tuner shield, and the switch mode transformer, as
well as any bad connections in power supply. You will not think you are
doing anything, but if you solder the tuner right, and power supply the set
will not come back. That same job will fix, audio problems, intermittent
dead, intermittent snowy channels. and several more.

Perry Bower
Electric Medic
"It's Cheaper to Keep Her"
http://www.electricmedic.com
Check out the Electronic Repair Screensaver We created. More Images to come!
To download these Collections you must first install the Eyetide Viewer:
http://www.eyetide.com/download/?s=O3OfmSLHXygGHCv1W6Gz3Bgjtq3DNNMNdcKsYSVGC
"We're Number One Where it Really Counts, With our Customers"
3850 Washington Road  Suite 5b
Martinez, Georgia 30907
Phone: 706-8MEDIC4  (863-3424)
Phone: 706-863-3474
Fax: 706-863-2316
mailto:info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"WE REPAIR WITH CARE"

SERVICE CENTERS PLEASE READ!!
1. Are you currently backed up or over-loaded?
2. Are you short a tech or have one on vacation?
3. Do you need help with a very difficult repair?
4. Would you like to make money jobbing the work out?
5. Would you like to ship out less profitable products so you can repair
others?
If you answered Yes to any of the above questions, Checkout these websites:
http://www.electricmedic.com/salesa.htm
or
http://www.electricmedic.com/shipping.htm

Factory Trained Authorized Service Center For:  APEX, Fisher, GE, KEC/KTV,
Konka, Mitsubishi, Panasonic, Philips Magnavox, Pioneer, ProSCAN, RCA,
Samsung, Sanyo, Sharp, SONY, Technics, Toshiba, Zenith

Provide Extended care for: AON, Circuit City, GE Contracts, Glass Agency,
Philips Contracts, NEW, Rex