[TechAssist] Re: RCA CTC187CL3 menu pops up randomly

  • From: Phil Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2004 11:37:39 -0500

Those "tactile" front buttons are notorious for leakage, especially
where smokers are.
Unsolder, or disconnect the buttons. Of course you must be able to turn
it on. If seperate button assy, power it up, unplug the button assy and
see. If buttons are on main chassis, unsolder all but the power.
Phil Bader

Larry E wrote:

>Hi Guys, Model # not available, going out this afternoon to look at set,
>customers
>saying that the menu comes up on the screen whenever it feels like it,
>have not seen
>this problem before and I don`t have the service manual, I know this is
>almost no info
>to go on but thought I`d ask to see if any of you had run into it, If
>this is a problem
>that requires a chipper checker (which I don`t have) then I don`t want
>to waste my time
>or the customers,  tia, Larry E
>
>Larry Eastman
>American TV & Electronics
>Crystal River, Fl. 34428

>Lost Password:
>Email Archives:

Philip Bader
Jan Phyl TV Inc. (estab. 1976)
3420 Recker Hwy. Winter Haven, Fl. 33880
Fax (863) 299-8821
email: tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx