[TechAssist] Re: RCA CTC166 AFT Alignment Procedure Needed

  • From: Phil Bader <philbad@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2001 12:53:29 -0400

I have the same symptom/fix for the CTC156A with the TCCR1A tuner:Next
to tuner is the AFT tank coil (L2306 on mine). Manually enter and "add"
several stations in a row.Then, observing in a mirror, selecting channel
up/down alternately,SLIGHTLY move AFT tank adjustment a fraction of a
turn while watching if the lock-in is quicker or takes more time to
lock. If quicker,your getting closer,try a bit more in that direction
until the ststions snap in good.If worse,wrong direction,reverse the
turn. This is from RCA tech assist.Saves a rather lenghy alignment
procedure.

Shoreline Electronics wrote:

> Make : RCA
> Model : F20600ET
> Chassis : CTC166CR
>
> This set will store any channels when autoprogramming.  Channels can be
> entered directly with a remote.
>
> I see a tip to perform AFT tank alignment (L2306).
>
> Can someone post the procedure or fax it to me?
>
> Jeff Stielau
> Shoreline Electronics Repair
> 125 Beechtree Lane
> Westbrook,CT 06498