[TechAssist] Re: RCA 20" Model F19436 Chassis- TX809B (Dead)

  • From: "Tel-Tek Electronics" <teltek3@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 15:15:35 -0400

Thanks to all. Thanks to Bob W. for sending me circuit description, I
have contributed to a bad Gemstar Module. My cost through Global would
be $116, and as I mentioned to Bob, customer would put another $40 with
that, he's got a new piece of crap from Walmart.

Al....find out if these guys are hiring Canadians with a slight accent,
I'm ready to pack it up....also.

-Ed-

Tel-Tek Electronics
teltek3@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Ontario-Canada

Sender: techassist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx From:
teltek3@xxxxxxxxxxxx(Tel-Tek=A0Electronics) Date: Wed, Jul 7, 2004,
10:00am (CDT+1) To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [TechAssist] RCA
20" Model F19436 Chassis- TX809B (Dead) Reply=A0to:
techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Need some advice on this set. Customer brought it in "Dead". He had it
apart, because he told me he could find any fuse. I notice the speaker
wires cut and re-spliced, also had a little hole drilled in the back,
which I suspect he ran the speaker wires out of. I don't know what he
ran these speaker wires to. But would a shorted Audio O/P kill this set
completely.

=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0I don't expect to spend
much time on this set. And audio may not have anything to do with it.
Just need some quick advice, from someone that does these often. Set was
Manufactured in 2002, and has Guide+.
TIA

-Ed-
Tel-Tek Electronics