[TechAssist] R: Sony TV KV-27V42 Horizontal Pulling

  • From: mebonnell@xxxxxxxxx (Old TV Man)
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 13:33:26 -0600

I don't have it but it is in SAMS 4253.

Max Bonnell
Bonnell TV
Robinson, IL

Sender: techassist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx From:
jhsm@xxxxxxxxxx(John=A0H=A0Smit) Date: Fri, Nov 12, 2004, 10:16am
(CST-1) To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [TechAssist] Sony TV
KV-27V42 Horizontal Pulling Reply=A0to: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello to all
I got this Sony TV KV-27V42 which was dead,and after changing the
shorted HO transistor it came back on but the picture shows horizontal
pulling, the transistor gets very hot and the TV will click off after
about 30 sec. I scoped the waveform on the collector of the HO
transistor and the DC voltage shows 135 volt and the p/p voltage 1134 V,
I do not have a S/M yet and I was wondering if anybody could give me a
hint on this one.

It is a 2001 TV so I wonder if a Sams has been made yet. Thank you in
advance.

John H Smit
Smit's TV Service
Box10