[TechAssist] Re: Quasar MWO Model: MQ5559W. Fan & light starts intermittently, by itself.

  • From: "Christopher Barnak" <cbarnak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2004 15:00:45 -0500

David,

Does the MWO do this as soon as you plug it in ?
Is this a old MWO ?
The reason I ask, is because I've seen some old MWO's that the fan and
light run
all the time when the unit is turned on. It only heats when the timer
is set.
When it finishes, the light and fan stay on until the off button is
pressed.
But I can't remember the brand, model, or year.

Christopher Barnak, CET
Norfolk Public Schools
School Plant Facilities
966 Bellmore Ave.
Norfolk, Va. 23504

Phone 757 628 3385
Fax      757 628 3392
cbarnak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

>>> RobinsonElectronics@xxxxxxxxxxx 11/3/2004 10:05:46 AM >>>
Can anyone of you Microwave Oven Techs. help us with this unit, fan &
light will start running by itself, but not the h.v.?
I did seem to trace it to "I think" a small transistor Q4 on the
control board (can't find any cross reference for it or a sub).
It's marked N411-92 on the transistor, location Q4 on the control
board. Measures bad with a standard transistor tester, but don't know
the type, or values?
Can anyone help with this one?       Thanks.        David.

Robinson Electronics
1075 Sweeten Creek Road
Asheville, NC 28803
Ph./Fax. 828  274-3787