[TechAssist] Proscan P46770, PTK169, No Green. FIX

  • From: gulftech@xxxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 13:39:32 -0500

Friends,

Many of you may have already seen this problem, but I post this to help
those who, like my technician, had never seen it.

The green CRT appeared dead, but had filament lit.  Turning up the screen
control had no effect.  Less than infinity (this one showed 600K) from
screen to ground.  Two possiblilites-  bad C5002, 3300pf, 3 KV cap or CRT
socket.  This one had a bad socket.

Of course, it could have been red or blue, instead of green.  Measurement
of the screen voltage would have focused on the problem, but tech didn't
try that, and very difficult access.

HTH,

Ken Smith
Gulf Technical Services