[TechAssist] Re: Pioneer service techs - important info

  • From: "TechAssist Admin." <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 04:53:04 -0600

Just so any internet newbies will know, URL's that wrap in an
email program will not be clickable.  URL's are only
clickable, (correctly clickable I should say) if the ENTIRE
URL is still highlighted as an active link.  This will only
happen by default if the URL is about 60-75 characters long.
Anything longer and the line will break, unless the sender
changes the properties in their email program for text to
wrap at a length greater than the characters in the URL.

OE for example, defaults the text wrap at 60-70 characters, I
forget exactly.  If you have a long URL to send, go into the
properties and temp change it to a number greater than the
length of the URL.  You can check this by putting the email
in the drafts folder, and when you look at it, if the URL is
broken, you need to increase the text wrap figure more.  You
can then set it back to the default number after the email is
sent.

To get to the site of a broken URL (In OE), copy and paste
the colored portion of the URL in the address bar, (or in
most cases you can just click it), then copy and paste the
black un-highlighted portion on to the end of the first
portion of the URL in the address bar, then [enter].
-Clint

God Bless Us All
Clint Hamilton, Owner
http://OrpheusComputing.com